Whether you made a donation, baked a cake, worked the book sale, or volunteered in the library, the Friends of the Library are most grateful for your continued support. YOU are a "friend" of the library!
Friends of the Library Executive Board
President: Cindy Fleming
Vice-President: Donna-Marie Tung
Treasurer: Anne Cunningham
Secretary: Anne Gaudette
Join the Friends of the Library!
We're always delighted to greet people who are interested in supporting the library. If you would like to get involved, send us an email, call the library at (603) 539-5176, or stop in to introduce yourself!
The Friends of the Library has a critical mission. Working with the Librarian and the Trustees, the Friends support the library in a variety of ways:
- We provide volunteers in the library to help with library operations such as assisting with events, shelving books, and automating the collection.
- We lead special events, such as story-telling or crafts.
- We organize lectures, often those offered through the New Hampshire Humanities Council.
- Providing funds for the library for library books, computer equipment, special events, memberships, conferences, furniture and more.
This last mission - raising funds for the library - is a major focus of our effort. We raise funds in a variety of ways:
- Annual fund raising letter: This letter goes out every spring to our patrons and other friends. It is the largest source of funds we raise every year.
- Book Sales: Every August, during Old Home Week, we hold a major book sale. We take donations and sell children's books, adult fiction and non-fiction, and some videos and puzzles, too. In recent years, we’ve added sales during "Freedom Rings in the Holidays" in late November and on Rubber Ducky Day. We always need volunteers to help sort, move and sell books!
- Bake Sale: We hold a Bake Sale along with the Book Sale during Old Home Week. It is a great opportunity to get delicious desserts and snacks without heating up your kitchen. If you like to bake, we also need volunteers for this event.
Other Friends events are periodic meetings and pot luck suppers. We work hard together and enjoy the opportunity to relax once in a while. If you are new to town, this is a great way to meet people and make a contribution at the same time.