The Library Assistant provides a welcoming environment for patrons, works professionally with and under the supervision of the Assistant Librarian, and fosters a team atmosphere with library volunteers.
- Handles processing of overdues. Generates reports monthly, coordinates search for materials on the shelves, and notifies patrons of overdue items.
- Assists with all areas of library operations including circulation.
- Assists with library programming as needed.
- Helps maintain the library’s appearance.
- Opens and closes the library in the absence of the Assistant Librarian.
- Oversees circulation services and coordinates daily volunteer activities in the absence of the Assistant Librarian.
- Oversees all library operations in the absence of the Library Director and Assistant Librarian.
- Performs other duties as assigned.